Job TypeFull Time, In-Person
This is an on-site, full-time, salaried position with benefits, based in Frederick, MD.
As a member of the ArachnidWorks team, the SEO Specialist will be responsible for managing all SEO activities such as optimizing existing and suggesting new website content to rank for meaningful keywords, link building, and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks for an array of varied industries and clients.
The SEO Specialist is a client-facing role that requires frequent in-person and virtual meetings. Clear communication of key wins, and hypotheses supported with evidence as well as recommendations for continued success is a must. The ideal candidate must be strategic and tactical in identifying the needs of an array of clients and be able to translate those needs into successful search engine optimization strategies.
This position works closely with other digital team members in ensuring that all SEM-related campaigns are in concert with the overall organic optimization strategy that best benefits each client. This role encompasses a wide variety of duties within digital marketing, website analytics, content marketing, keyword strategy, and targeted digital advertising.
- Own all aspects of on-page and off-page SEO with recommendations for technical SEO
- Define and well-communicate measurable goals that demonstrate improvement in optimization-related marketing efforts for an array of clients in varied industries
- Develop optimization strategies that increase our clients’ search engine results rankings (SERPs)
- Regularly audit your clients’ various channels to identify and communicate successes and opportunities for optimization.
- Actively provide research related to SEO keywords to use throughout each client’s website and digital marketing assets
- Monitor daily performance metrics for varied clients to better understand SEO strategy, trends, and performance
- Collaborate with other digital marketing team members and account management to manage SEO strategy for clients
- Inspect content and website links to provide maximum optimization and rank
- Assist Creative & Website Development teams with web, landing page, and lead-generating optimization strategies
- Search for opportunities to optimize the website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve positioning for target keywords/phrases
- Keep up with the digital marketing industry and technology trends as well as any required certifications based on your role and the clients you support.
- Review and analyze data on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to make recommendations on optimizations.
- Act as the liaison between vendors and our agency when needed for outsourced resources such as content writers, technical support (HubSpot), and platform support (Google Ads, etc).
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field, or a combination of education and related experience
- 6+ months or 1-2 years of agency experience supporting internal marketing strategy and implementation efforts for a simple company
- Clear understanding and demonstration of successfully applying strategies for the following: SEO, Google Ads & Microsoft Advertising, Digital Paid Media channels (PPC, Display, Affiliate, Influencer), and Digital Marketing Analytics (Google Analytics, Search Console, etc).
- Content marketing for websites, blogs, & social media, Web Design (sitemaps, wireframes, content, etc.), Google Certification is desired but not required.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze data and identify problems as well as solutions/optimizations.
- Effective time management with the ability to prioritize your tasks and when to ask for assistance in prioritization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- HTML knowledge is a plus
- Google Analytics Certification a plus
- Google Ads Certifications are a plus
- Hubspot Certification is a plus
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of working experience in the marketing or advertising field with a focus on SEO, analytics, and campaign management
- Health, Dental, & Vision
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Company Holidays
- Team Events
- Educations / Training
- Professional Development